Top 3 Thanksgiving Pins for Middle School Classrooms!



I am getting my thankful on to Pawsatively Teaching and Inspired Owl's Corner for this month's Pick 3!

My Top 3 pins are the top 3 things one could do with a middle school class to celebrate Thanksgiving.


source
A Wall of Thanks!  
This is an easy one to do with middle schoolers and it's a nice way to start the conversation of being thankful.  Then...


You might choose to read a book like "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.  

source
This book would be a great way to get at the heart of Thanksgiving.  Or for a more mature middle school class, you could try O.Henry's "Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen".    

Either way, then you'll be ready to do some writing.

 


source
I like this because it's writing that students can be more personal about.   You might begin this writing time with "I wish my teacher and other people knew that I am thankful for..."  I'll bet you'll get some powerful results.  

Check out some other great pins and then link up your own!