Spooky October Fun in Middle School!


I love to have some spooky fun with my middle school students and so I'm excited to join Pawsitively Teaching and Inspired Owl's Corner for this month's Pick 3!


Source
Here's a fun little activity to get your kids up, moving and thinking!!  You could easily have students defend their reasoning for a little practice with the concept of evidence.  




Source
I confess.  I have loved reading "The Raven" or a Poe short story at this time of year.  However, I realize it would be good to branch out and attempt to compare some other spooky short stories with Poe.  Of course, that's also a perfect set up for a great argumentative essay with evidence!




Source


Last, but not least, this is the perfect time of year to bury those "dead words".  I like this example because not only do we let a certain word rest in peace, we can see a nice list of other words to use instead!  I know some of these will appear on my wall soon!

Before you go off to check out some other great pins, you might be interested in this:


Just click on the picture for more information.  :)


An InLinkz Link-up


Thanks for stopping by!