Tried it Tuesday - LearnZillion






I decided to join the Tried It Tuesday linky today because I just tried something new that I am loving - LearnZillion!

So I was "toodleing" around looking for new ideas to review punctuating dialogue and then I found it!


https://learnzillion.com/lessons/5004-punctuate-dialogue-using-quotation-marks-and-commas


It's a great instructional video, aligned with common core which is clearly identified, and includes a guided worksheet.  I think the idea is that you could assign it to be done at home and then be reviewed at school - flipped classroom style!

However, it works out just great to do it in class.  Besides, I think students would need training on how to make it all work on their own.  They offer easy access codes to the lesson for students so they don't have to write down a big web address.  I see myself posting these codes on my Edmodo pages and sending them out on Remind.  Of course, I would show all of this to my students first (once I've ascertained whether everyone in my classes has internet access at home).

Our ultimate goal for this unit is to write a narrative (with dialogue) and so the other video that popped up was this one:

https://learnzillion.com/lessons/741-add-dialogue-in-personal-narrative

How perfect is that?  And the best part? It's FREE!!

Hope you have a chance to check it out.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments

  1. I have heard about this site, and it is on my list to check out. Thank you for sharing this! I am now moving it up on my list!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Spangler, this is Nick from LearnZillion writing. I'm so glad you're finding the videos to be helpful. I wanted to point out that you can watch the videos on any smartphone which sometimes can allow access to students who don't have computers or the internet at home. Have you tried the task-based lessons yet? We just launched them a few weeks ago. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about Learn Zillion but have never tried it. I will have to share this with our ELA teacher. Thanks so much for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Learnzillion! I've been using it for a few years now and it is so very helpful. How exciting that Learnzillion wrote to you too! Hey friend...missed you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)