Positive Thinking Thursday {9.4.14}




So the first round of testing has begun...and it started with the reading lexile test.  And all my 8th graders wanted to know if they are "on grade level".  Sad truth is that most of them are not.  So how do I handle it?  I am going to tell them what the "magic number" is and post it as a goal with this right above it:

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"


We will discuss how to make that progress and how that will help us get as close to the goal as we can.  We just have to the best we can with what we have.

I think this is a good reminder for me too!  With all the new testing requirements and lesson plan requirements and evaluation requirements and....and....and...

I just need to make progress.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. I love this quote, and I think it is perfect for eighth graders. I like your positive approach to helping your students reach their reading goals. Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of that quote. I hadn't heard it before but I am thinking that I want to hang it up in my classroom. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to hear from you and will reply via e-mail. :)