A Peek at My Week ~ Still testing



I can scarcely believe it my myself, but we are STILL in testing mode.  I swear the whack-a-doodle scheduling is melting my brain.  That's why I have been "away" this past week - all I can seem to manage is one day at a time.

We have "homeroom" for about 2 hours every day where we teach "life skills" followed by a modified bell schedule which means I see my special needs Language Arts class once or twice a week and fill the rest of my time with conducting extended time testing or writing IEPs.  

In "homeroom" we will be focusing on communication/social skills this week.  Could be very interesting if the students could just focus.  I found this for free on TPT and am going to give a whirl this week:

Practical Communication Skills

In Language Arts, we are reading Catching Fire.  They were excited at first, but since so many of the other teachers aren't exactly teaching, they think I am being unfair when I say we're reading and not playing games.

Soooo....I put together a little sequencing game for the first 5 chapters for when our class next meets.  







You can get it for free HERE.



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

And then, of course, I am all excited about the BIG SALE!  This is because firstly, I sincerely appreciate my online colleagues who have definitely helped me to improve my lessons, but also because I love a bargain!  I know my wishlist is all stocked and ready to go and I hope you're ready too!




I am especially hoping that this item will be on sale:

Writing Bundle:  Paragraph of the Week and Essay of the Month

That's probably all I can afford right now - summer is just around the corner and I have to save the $$.


However, all my products will be 28% off with the code below.  :)


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Spangler-In-The-Middle

You might be interested in:

Wrapping up the End of the Year ~ Activities for Middle Grades
And if you are trying to save money (like me) then maybe you'd rather try to win what's in your cart:


Have a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!